Thursday, October 7, 2010

Film Freak - The Expendables

The Expendables could be the best or worst action film of the year. I can't quite work this out. Seeing a movie in foreign lands is cool because it's so different. Firstly it was 5oo baht! SO EXPENSIVE, no 500 baht is around 15 Australian dollars and for my friend Carly back home this include free popcorn and some random chip things.

We also had seats in like banana chairs, hence the guy next to me had his blanket and a cocktail and had a quick (well the duration of the film) kip.

So back to the movie, we are in a freezing cold cinema, the Thai's know too forms of temperature, hot outside and the Alaska's inside. I am freezing, my popcorn has turned to ice and the movie kicks in.

It's violent, it's cheesy and it has some random cameos but the Expendables does not pretend to be anything other than a random action film with a thin plot and big action sequences. Look if I saw it at my local Hoyts I would give it 2 stars but overseas this movie was the shit, 3 stars.

No comments: