Saturday, June 8, 2013

What's On @ the Movies 2013 - Star Trek Into Darkness {2D}


What a way to start the long weekend with an EPIC Sci-Fi action film that's action scenes are so huge it would have been lost on the small screen.

As regular readers might know I dislike 3D films so I only saw this in 2D and was still overwhelmed visually with this EPIC piece of cinema. Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto (American Horror Story mega star) were outstanding as the leads and really got into it.

I never have really been a Star Trek fan I have always been more of a Star Wars kinda guy but I have heard such good things about the resurrection of the Star Trek franchise by J.J Abram's. I did love the early Lost stuff and his work on the most recent Mission Impossible film would sell me on any action film he had a hand in.

As I said in my intro the action scenes are EPIC and the start is fantastic. I recommend this to anyone on the long weekend who has a spare 3 hours or so (includes trailers + god awful cinema advertising) and if you like Sci-Fi or action in general this will float your boat.

So to my star rating, I reckon it's worth a solid 3.5 intergalactic stars.


PS I also do not endorse any advertising that YouTube throws your way...


No comments: