Friday, February 13, 2015

Sex Sells or Does It???


That got your Friday attention right, you bunch of perverts.

So Fifty Shades opened last night, already 1 out of around 20 people in my boot camp this morning went opening day, that's 5% (if my Friday AM maths is correct) and with me attending and other gays in the groups also going in for a peek a boo, I would say by Monday at least 20-30% of the group (sample size of roughly 20) will have seen the film.

For a small sample size this is proof this film is going to smash the box office this weekend. There are already pieces on how it's performing in pre sales and no doubt it will smash American Sniper and Kingsman out of the water this weekend. I booked my tickets exactly one week out and I got the last two seats in the cinema.

Last time this happened to me was buying tickets on the day to Into the Woods on a rather shitty day and a good day for movie going.

Backing up onto Valentines Day, the songs from the films doing well on the iTunes chart and merchandise and books about to race of the shelf. This is a marketing dream.

Next on sex sells, Daniel Johns. Silverchair gone, RnB grooves hello and a sexy video to boot:



However sex is not working for this song thus far, but hello side boob video. A lot of songs and tracks these days benefit from a fancy video, just look at Sia "Elastic Heart" was originally released on 2013 however with a Shia LaBeof music video it's top of the Aussie Singles chart week in, week out.

I am hoping sex does sell for Daniel Johns because this show has increasingly grown on me. I am a huge fan of his previous works and now this is just a a great new & exciting chapter in his career. What will the rest of the EP sound like? Is my next big question.

Ok so until tomorrow when hopefully I post up a Valentine's Day Fifty Shades video, sex is selling and it's Valentine's Day, now bang on some sexy music....

No comments: