Thursday, December 31, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


Happy New Year folks and let's finish the year with another Boxing Day film release, JOY.

Unlike Suffragette I didn't hate this film, I heard it was random and all over the shop the day I saw this and man was that reviewer right, this film is bat shit crazy.



After seeing the above god damn trailer a million and one times in my film going days in the lead up to this release I started off hating every inch of this film and trailer before deciding no I really love Jennifer Lawrence and now she is done with the Hunger Games I cannot wait to see what she does next. And here she is looking ever so vibrant, fabulous and that hair!

After seeing this film I learnt Joy Mangano EXISTS yes she is real and so is the Miracle Mop. I didn't really do my research well ahead of this film but in all honesty the trailer is just so random, but really this film is in a way too.

Her family is horrible, her mother is addicted to these god awful soap operas, her father (Robert De Niro - reunion from the Silver Linings Playbook), her children are always sick and her Grandmother is the only supportive one in Joy's manic life.

Her ex-husband is fairly irritating and her step sister, what a cunt. Joy is truly a film that released around this time of the year makes YOU the viewer sit up and think, what am I doing with my life? What could I do better? Why aren't I as fab as J-LAW? How did this whacky mop and TV gig (thanks to Bradley Cooper - reunion number 2 Silver Linings Playbook) all work.

I smiled, laughed and feel in love with Joy throughout this film, it's a little long and at times you think, what on Earth else can go wrong for this poor kid (I reference J-LAW as a kid after Hunger Games and her desired audience).

So for one of my final films of 2015 (I did also see Daddy's Home which will be reviewed tomorrow or the next day) I throughly enjoyed this, along with Star Wars it's been a good end to the year (excluding Suffragette) in the film world.

Joy, it ain't going to be everyone's holiday tale, but I loved it, 4 joyful stars, well done.

No comments: