Monday, December 30, 2013

What's On @ the Movies 2013 - Blue Jasmine {FILM OF THE YEAR - Second Viewing}


So tomorrow I will publish my list of high archiving films, I posted a similar list last year. This year I have seen some outstanding films and some not so outstanding (Anchorman 2 comes to mind) and yes indeed my film of 2013 is Blue Jasmine.

My original review was done all the way back in October and I was so happy to be able to see this film again in the silly season. Blue Jasmine really is one of Woody Allen's best offerings as well as Cate Blanchett best acting.

I loved every minute of this film and Cate's brilliant one liners as well as her downward spiral which is just so delicious to watch.

Watching it the second time I noticed how fab Sally Hawkins was in the role of Ginger, Jasmine's sister. Her one liners and amazing facial expressions make her a worthy nominee for best supporting actress - motion picture.

Do yourself a favour make sure you catch this film at the movies or on DVD. It is so brilliant. I rated it 4.75 stars the first viewing but the second I am going the full 5 star treatment, It's rare to see a film that gets better with a second screening. Also why can't more filmmakers and directors get it that 90 minute films are rad.


Come back tomorrow for some more film goodness. Oh yes and Happy New Year's Eve, Eve. Night night...

No comments: